Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happily Ever After

I've always been a huge fan of fairy tales. Why? I've wondered that too. I realized that it's because I love me a happy ending. 

I love all the princesses and princes, all the romantic love stories, and the beautiful damsels in distress. I love to watch all my favorite Disney princesses again and again........and again! 

My favorite Disney princesses all have something in common: they all have a handsome prince to come to their rescue! Aladin, Prince Charming, Prince Naveen,  and Flynn Rider are all brave, dashing heroes off to save their fair maiden. 

Cinderella is beautiful, kind, and hardworking. She wants to go that ball, and if there's a will, there's a way. And find a way she does. She has a fairy-godmother who comes and dresses her up in royal finery and whisks her away. I love her for her persistence, and her burning desire to go seek out her Prince Charming, and not just wait for him to come to her. 

Rapunzel is spunky and spirited. She won't wait for her destiny; she finds it. She goes with Flynn Rider (they just can't get my nose right!), and handsome young bandit to see the floating lanterns. She wants to see the lanterns, so she risks it all to fulfill a dream. I love her because she teaches that dreams really do come true if YOU make it happen. And she has pretty hair. 

I don't really like Bell, but I don't see why. I think it's because the ottoman that's actually a dog is kind of creepy. But anyway---it has a good message: family comes first. And sometimes you even get a get a hot guy out of the deal. 

Prince Naveen. I love him so much. And I start with him instead of the princess in this story because he changes so much, and she is pretty much an amazing person throughout the whole slimey ("It is not slime! It is MUCUS!") ordeal. Prince Naveen starts out arrogant and fun-loving. He spent all of his money and is broke. After they are both turned to frogs, Tiana learns to have fun, and Naveen learns to be responsible. They get married and---wait for it----live happily ever after:) I love Tiana for showing us that we don't all have to be princesses, we just have to work hard and never let our dreams die.

I think I love how predictable some of these shows are. I love knowing that no matter how tough the going gets, there will always, always be a happy ending.

It's the same in life. We will all have our own fairy-tale ending. Everything will turn out okay. We just have to trust in God to take care of us and understand that "Not my will, but thine be done."  

So just wait for it. Come on girls-- I know some of you THINK you'll never get married, but you will. ALL of us will get our own..................
HAPPILY EVER AFTER!:) 





                                                                                            love, abby

No comments:

Post a Comment